Tuesday, July 30

Lost in the Woods

"Who Said This?"

Something whispered something
that was not even a word.
It was more like a silence
that was understandable.
I was standing
at the edge of the pond.
Nothing living, what we call living,
was in sight.
And yet, the voice entered me,
my body-life,
with so much happiness.
And there was nothing there
but the water, the sky, the grass. 

by Mary Oliver


During a five hour hike and a photo excursion in the woods (thanks to grandparents!) where I forgot the time and the rest of the existing world, I unfortunately also forgot to eat and drink. I carried my gear around in the hot sun and did not think of anything else but images and the surrounding nature.
Let's just say that I am thankful for being alive today. I had a pretty big scare while driving on the freeway in heavy traffic when I started to experience symptoms of severe dehydration. I somehow made it home and I am now recovering from it. I definitely learnt my lesson and hopefully will never be so neglectful with myself ever again.
Despite all of this I had a wonderful day. It does not happen too often that I get so many hours of hiking and taking pictures. Eating and drinking was just not a priority, but I promise it will be from now on.






No comments: