Tuesday, November 19

The Scent of Eucalyptus





My life seems so small compared to what has been happening out there in the big world.
We go on with our lives when disaster strikes. What else can we do? It's not realistic for me to get on a plane and help clean up the mess and comfort those who lost everything. I stay here and go on with my life. I wish the world worked differently. But I am grateful that there are people who go and work hard to ease the despair. Sometimes I would like to be one of those people. Instead all I can do is spent a few moments here and there thinking about those who are suffering and hold on to hope and prayer.
Sometimes it is very healthy when your own struggles diminish to something quite insignificant, at least for a little while. It leaves me sitting quietly in a corner of my bedroom breathing in the refreshing scent of Eucalyptus… and appreciating it.



No comments: