Thursday, November 6

Some old and new goals





Here's to a new start and a new goal to post regularly on my old/new Facebook Pagethis blog, and my Instagram account.
The past few months I have been busy getting my website updated. It's not completely done yet, but I am happy with what I have for now. The reason I updated it, besides releasing new work, is the start, dream, wish, hope and goal of actually selling my photographs, getting paid to take portraits and overall entering the world of owning a business.
There is still tons of work to do and ideas are floating around in my head, winter is coming and I desperately need additional equipment, but I am ready to start out with what I have.
I have some very nice friends and neighbors who have hired me to take photographs of their children, purchased some prints and have been overall encouraging and incredibly supportive. Thank you so much!
In the past few months I have thought a lot about what my strengths in photography are, how I can promote my personal style and how to put into words the kind of photography that I want to create.
I think my love for black and white photos started at a very early age when looking through old family photographs, staring at them for a very long time. They seemed to pull me in and make me forget the world around me, telling a story, telling the truth, yet also creating mystery and leaving room for my own imagination.
That is what I strive for when taking portraits (whether adults or children). If I had to use three words to describe my goal in photography, I would say: timeless, evocative and authentic. Definitely a life long goal!
Take a look at my website and if you like what you see, you can contact me here or through Facebook. Please help me spread the word, share my page on your personal page, support me by liking my posts. I will be very grateful.







I would like to mention two photographers who consistently inspire me, whose work I stare at over and over again and who compel me to keep working towards my goal of timelessness, emotion and authenticity.
Peggy Washburn is a Seattle based Fine Art Photographer who I discovered years ago in Black and White magazine. Her work changed my whole thinking about portraits and I keep coming back to her a lot.
And then of course there is Sally Mann who is just beyond what I could ever strive to be. If you want to know more about her, I discovered this site https://www.artsy.net/artist/sally-mann.








No comments: