Thursday, March 7


There is another sky,
Ever serene and fair,
And there is another sunshine,
Though it be darkness there;
Never mind faded forests, Austin,
Never mind silent fields -
Here is a little forest,
Whose leaf is ever green;
Here is a brighter garden,
Where not a frost has been;
In its unfading flowers
I hear the bright bee hum:
Prithee, my brother,
Into my garden come!


by Emily Dickinson






Life has been an endless chain of tasks needing to get done. Unfortunately our productivity has been interrupted by sickness again, by snow days and other unexpected challenges. 
I have been feeling unwell and overwhelmed to say the least. But things have been developing, important things. It looks like we will be able to continue our new life here in Minnesota. There are too many things still up in the air, but we have hope and there is relief.
It is March after all. We are getting closer to change and warmer days. Icicles will melt after all. At the end of this month I will have a whole week by myself at home, while the rest of the family will be enjoying summer weather in Arizona. It sounds tempting to me as well, but the thought of a week alone with no reponsibilities wins over beautiful weather and fresh oranges from the tree in Brad's parents backyard. Yes, we decided that me staying here is ultimately best for me and good for everyone else. I need rest and time to reflect and time to take care of myself. I want to take photographs, explore the area, and rest some more. Alone. Just for a week. This prospect is hopefully going to help me to get the things done that need to get done. This and tulips, a necessity around this time of year.


3 comments:

Evelina said...

Next week my husband is taking the kids to Bari (Southern Italy) to visit their granny. They can't go to the sea yet, but it will be 20 C or so. I'll stay home alone for a week, trying to get some work done.
That is how I often think about you and totally relate. I can't wait to catch up on sleep and work - and relax!

Manuela said...

I am happy for you Evelina. I can't wait for my week alone. It would be fun to have a day together in Cologne. I miss Germany.

Manuela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.